Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love to Clean!

So I realized that I really do love to clean, it is therapeutic for me.  I know it sounds wrong but I have finally come to terms with it and have decided to embrace it.  I realized it yesterday when I went to clean a little pee from a little boy on the bathroom floor.  It turned into a full out clean the bathroom and while I am at it scrub the kitchen floor on my hands and knees.  While I was cleaning I thought about my cleaning habits.  It seems to happen like this...

I put the boys down for their afternoon naps with the intention of resting myself...in front of the TV, with a book, taking a nap who knows.  I take a seat on the couch and notice a crumb on the floor from morning snacks.  I get up to pick it up and realize that there is a little trail.  I decide to sweep it and notice a couple spots where Davis dribbled his milk so I grab the swiffer to mop the mess.  Well, I have the swiffer I may as well do the kitchen.  But if I mop the kitchen I should clean the counters first.  I should empty the dishwasher and load it with the items in the sink from breakfast, this dish towel is dirty I should put it in the laundry room.  Oh, look I can do a load of towels, I guess I should fold the cloths in the dryer.  You get the picture I am sure.         

Once I am done I think...wow I need to sit and have a little down time.  Right, I just spent the last two hours cleaning and now the kids are waking from their naps.  As soon as they get up the mess begins again and after I put them to bed I find myself doing the same routine.  I need to find a hobby.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey, at least you have a necessary habit and enjoy what most of us hate. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your boys inherit that trait from you!