Monday, August 3, 2009

California Trip

Our trip to CA this summer was fantastic.  We flew my parents out as well so we could have the entire family together.  We got to CA on July 18th and spent the night with Ben's parents.  That morning we got up and met up with my extended family in Tehachapi; cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, parents etc.  I would say 20 plus people.  We had a very fun BBQ and stayed there that night before heading up to San Luis Obispo.  



We stayed at my sister's place in SLO.  The kids had so much fun with their cousins and my parents were thrilled to have all the little grand-babies together.  We ditched the kids with Mamaw and Papaw for a grown up movie night of Harry Potter.   The next day we went Avila Barn where the kids (and adults) picked and ate as many peaches as we could.  Jeremiah claims he ate 5 total...I believe it.  The barn was fun, they fed animals and got as messy as they could possibly get.  Unfortunately all fun things must come to an end and we drove back down to Southern CA to leave the kids with Ben's parents while Ben and I flew off to CO for a quick wedding (see wedding blog).

After the wedding we spent the rest of our visit with Ben's parents.  We went to the beach where Jeremiah started a pickup game of baseball and Davis went wild in the water.  Ben's parents took us to dinner at the restaurant where Ben and I had our first date and rehearsal dinner (strange with kids).  We went back to our old church and were so blessed to see so many people we love and miss.  The rest of the time was spent in the pool or eating In-N-Out. 



We had a great CA trip.  It seemed so short because we were having such a great time but now that I am home...."There is no place like home."    

No comments: